h

Sunday, December 05, 2004
A little bigger
 
I'm now 28 weeks and boy have things progressed. For starters, it's a boy. We found that out during our 19th week. He's since been growing steadily and I have been feeling him more and more. I'm hardly showing and it's easy to conceal that I'm pregnant if I want to, especially in the winter time. We started birthing classes and I'm the smallest in my class. :) At the ultrasound exam he was normal size so I assume I just hide it well. Plus it seems many of the other mothers-to-be in the class have put on unnecessary weight, which I have managed not to do. I've gained about 15 pounds, while in contrast another gal with the same due date has gained 30. You're only supposed to gain 25-35. I'm happy to say I'm right on track. My doctor is happy about that as well.

He's kicking a bit. I thought he was doing dive bombs to my pelvis, but I may have been mistaking that for Braxton Hicks (sp?) contractions. The kicks (or punches??) are easy to identify, but the rest, well... it's either a butt, a head, or a contraction. J.T. has been able to feel him from the outside. Even tonight, Mom and Dad got to feel a couple little bumps. I am curious how he is oriented because I only feel the bumping on the left side. Sometimes it is quite rapid and I wonder if his leg (arm?) can really move that fast, or if it's two limbs and he's really coordinated. But usually, he just hangs out, mellow.

The second trimester was a joy. I was Wonder Woman. Lots of energy, few discomforts, felt and looked great. Even slept better. Now I'm starting the third trimester and I'm sure it will not be as easy. I've started my yoga and everything, but my hips and lower back are starting to get achy. And I feel I have no room in my torso...where on earth is he going to fit? He has another 3-4 lbs to go! Already it's difficult to eat. A snack and a glass of milk and I'm bloated. My stomach gets smaller but my appetite will increase - hardly fair!

But all in all, I cannot complain. Some of my peers have had a tougher time. And we are increasingly excited. No worries, doubts, or anxiety about being a parent yet, just excited for him to finally get here. Either we're confident, or reality hasn't set in yet. :)


Comments: Post a Comment