h

Sunday, August 01, 2004
Where have I been?
 
Well, busy gets to be an old and tired reason for not doing things. The reality is this blog has been less important than other areas. Now what's wrong with that? Nothing I say.

Nobody reads this silly blog that doesn't already know so it's safe to say that my hubby and I are expecting. Naturally it made me wonder if the new year's resolutions I made at the start of the year had any relevance anymore. Hmmm.

Try meditation
Beautify the front yard
Take my lunch to work more
Experiment with one or two new exercise routines
Create a Heather sanctuary in the house
Create a family financial plan

Let's see. Meditation, naw. Beautify the front yard? Not so important. Take my lunch to work. This I'm actually doing. New exercise routine. Does "Yoga for Pregnant Women" count? I haven't tried it yet, but it certainly classifies as an experiment. Heather sanctuary - it will have to wait. :( And the family financial plan suddenly got a lot more important.

Two things have changed in the area of finances: 1) we bought a "new" used family-friendly-better-than-Heather's-faitfulbutold-Nissan car, which means we have a car payment. And 2) we have to afford a baby plus pay for expenses during any time off I take.

And buying furniture. And diapers! And saving for college! AAAaaack! Oh, wait. The baby isn't even here yet. Whew.... I have to remind myself that the baby doesn't care if its room is decorated. It doesn't care if its diaper is changed on a diaper changing table. It doesn't care if it sleeps in a dresser drawer (or so I hear).

All things in perspective.

So new goals for the year are

-take care of myself (good food, rest, exercise)
-create a family financial plan
-try to wrap up house projects so the baby room can be somewhat ready
-park the car in the garage :)

That's it. That's all I'm committing to!


Comments: Post a Comment