h

Saturday, April 17, 2004
Easter Sunday
 
Last Sunday was Easter. A time for good food with the family. J.T.'s mom brought us an Easter basket, and bunny ears for the both of us. I didn't realize how much I swung my arms in the space over my head until I had something to knock off. In the spirit, we both wore our ears throughout the celebrating and have cute pictures to prove it. In turn, we also gave out gifts. Each place setting at the table had a dressed up bear or bunny sitting on it, guarding the napkin. Mine was dressed as a strawberry (naturally), Grandma got the banana dressed bear - there was a grape, pineapple, apple and watermelon too, and they all smelled like their respective fruit. So cute!! Since there were only 6 fruit animals, I had to get an extra animal for J.T. which was a bear in a black sheep's costume. :-)

J.T.'s mom also brought hard boiled eggs and an egg decorating kit. What fun! Everyone dipped at least one egg, including both grandmothers. And you thought egg decorating was just for kids. Hah! Naturally, this provided an opportunity to reminisce about Easters spent at Grandma's. I'm an only child, and on that side of the family, I'm an only grandchild. Sometimes you have to entertain yourself... Eggs were hidden, and found, and hidden, and found, and hidden, and found, ... until the grown-ups were tired of hiding them or the eggs fell apart. I don't even remember decorating the eggs. Just finding them over and over and over. I always did love hide and seek.

The rest of the day was spent sitting on the covered patio blowing bubbles in the spring breeze, chatting in the kitchen, and later watching the King's obliterate the Lakers.


Comments: Post a Comment